Edinburgh primary ~ a community school with a passion for the arts!
The Edinburgh Values
KINDNESS HONESTY RESILIENCE RESPECT POSITIVITY
A value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour. At Edinburgh, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school.
All pupils, staff, parents and carers can contribute to promoting values and recognising where others are demonstrating our values. The values developed have been selected after consultation with pupils, staff, parents and carers as values which are important within our school community and which will be important throughout life.
Through the values we aim to:
- Develop pupils' understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- To raise standards, behaviour and self confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values in a way which ensures all members of the school community will interact with each other.
- To support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner.
We believe that Values Education has a crucial role in education because it plays a part in raising achievement and it encourages pupils to be emotionally intelligent and reflective. Values support quality teaching and learning, whilst making a positive contribution to the development of our society.